Happy Wednesday friends! I hope you enjoyed your holiday with family! I definitely enjoyed Christmas dinner but am more than ready to move on from all of the the turkey and ham. If you’re ready to ring in the New Year with something light, fresh and fast. Keep reading! Try this lightened version of Honey Walnut Shrimp for dinner!
But first, let’t take a quick peek at some of my favorite eats from last week!
Quinoa Pumpkin waffles drizzled with Walden’s Farm blueberry syrup. This combination always delivers a crispy and flavorful waffle!
White Chocolate Cookie Carb Killa has a generous white chocolate coating that tastes like a Milky Way bar with crunchy chocolate cookie crispy bits. Definitely a great bar with solid macros: 215 cal, 15 g carb, 22 g protein 8 g fat with 6 g fiber. This and the Caramel Chaos are my two favorites!
Repeat offender! This was definitely one of my more eclectic lunches! Trader Joe’s Egg White Salad on a sandwich thin. What’s a meal without dessert? The Quest Lab’s Cravings 2.0 Peanut Butter cups are too die for!
Skip the takeout and try this Honey Walnut Shrimp for dinner!
So much better than take out, this is one of the best shrimp recipes that you will make! You are seriously going to love every single bite! Enjoy the recipe!
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 packets or ¼ cup stevia
- 4 TBS chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ TBS honey
- ½ TBS sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
- red pepper flakes
- cooked jasmine or brown rice
- In a small saucepan stir together the stevia and water.
- Bring to a boil and add the walnuts.
- Boil for about 2 minutes, drain and place on a cookie sheet to dry.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, honey, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and salt- set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add coconut oil and quickly stir fry the shrimp until heated through.
- Toss the shrimp with the Greek yogurt sauce until well coated.
- Top your cooked rice with the shrimp, candied walnuts and sliced green onions.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes (optional).
- Serve immediately.
Why choose when you can have both! Our neighbor brought over cheesecake for our wine and cheese party! My favorite was the chocolate even though the strawberry was pretty amazing too!
That’s it for this week’s round up! See you back here on Friday!