Happy Wednesday friends! I’m excited to share some great news! I recently was asked to become part of the Further Collagen Brand Ambassador Team. They happen to have an amazing Collagen Peptide protein powder that I incorporated into this week’s recipe for No-Bake Snickerdoodle Protein Bites!
Before we get to this quick and easy recipe, lets take a peek at some of my favorite eats from last week!
Breakfast on repeat with my favorite cinnamon raisin french toast topped with warm cinnamon apples. I admit at times I’m just super hungry when I get home from the gym. This recipe literally takes less than 10 minutes from start to finish!
Last week I picked up a BSN Syntha-6 Protein Crisp bar in the Vanilla Marshmallow flavor. This packs a perfect balance of sweet and sticky marshmallow consistency, with a nice soft, sugar like vanilla flavor. At 230 calories, this bar is packed with 20g of protein, 23g carbohydrates, 6g fat and only 2g of sugar. The Vanilla Marshmallow flavor is actually impressive and the best by far out of the two BSN flavors I’ve tried.
My hubby and I took a road trip to sweet green. I was so excited to learn that there was a location about an hour from me! I decided to go with the “Make Your Own” salad. The “Make Your Own” allows to you pick greens or a warm grain as your base along with 5 toppings and a dressing. I went with a blend of mixed greens and kale. The toppings I chose were spicy broccoli, red beets, cucumber, acorn squash and feta cheese. I added Citrus Shrimp as my protein. Such an interesting concept, as they use only locally sourced vegetables when in season. I highly recommend trying this if you have one in your area!
These Snickerdoodle Protein Bites taste just like the classic cookie, but no baking is required! Easy to make and so delicious!
Packed with protein, these Snickerdoodle Protein Bites would make an excellent snack pre or post-workout. Today’s recipe uses Further Food Collagen. Not familiar with collagen protein peptides? Besides being amazing for the skin, hair and nails, collagen is the perfect recovery protein that builds and repairs the muscles, tendons, ligaments, and cartilage that are stressed during exercise. I’ll be sharing more information with you in the upcoming weeks! But for now, enjoy this delicious protein packed treat!
- 1¼ cup scoops cinnamon or vanilla protein powder
- 1½ scoops Further Collagen
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup sugar free maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 TBS ground cinnamon(add if using vanilla protein powder)
- 3 TBS coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, add protein powder, collagen, oats and sea salt.
- In a separate small bowl, add the maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Microwave for 20 seconds.
- Stir until smooth and pour over the dry ingredients.
- Add the greek yogurt and continue stirring until batter forms.(this will be slightly sticky)
- If the batter is too wet, add a bit more of the protein powder.
- Form batter into 10-12 equal size bites.
- Roll each bite in the cinnamon coconut sugar mixture.
- Place onto a plate covered with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate and allow to set for about a half hour.
- Store your bites in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
- ** This recipe can also be doubled or tripled.
My favorite way to prepare Chilean Seabass is to simply bake it with just a few shakes of Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper! Seabass is such a meaty and flavorful fish that it doesn’t need much seasoning. Trader Joe’s Island Salsa is the perfect topping for any fish but pairs beatifully with seabass!
That’s it for this week’s round up! See you back here on Friday!