Happy Wednesday friends! Whoever said you can’t have cake for breakfast obviously has never tried a Party Cake French Toast Bake! This fun take on french toast will appeal to the kid in everyone, no matter what age. Plus, we all deserve a fun cheerful breakfast, right?
I typically do not begin the weekly WIAW with a recipe, but this was too good not share right away!
Have dessert for breakfast with this Party Cake French Toast Bake!
Seriously, what could be better than waking up to this delightfully colorful treat! This dish is the perfect way to enjoy the new Limited Edition Thomas’s Mini Bagels in Party Cake flavor! This bake can easily be prepared ahead of time for brunch or used throughout the week for a quick and easy breakfast. Enjoy this sweet treat as is (right out of the oven) or drizzle it with maple syrup or a vanilla glaze like I did! Enjoy!
- 10 Party Cake Thomas's mini bagels
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Protein Icing:
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder
- 2-3 TBS cashew or almond milk
- Preheat your oven at 375 degrees.
- Coat a 9 x13 casserole dish generously with coconut oil.
- Tear bagels into chunks and place into the greased casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture evenly over the bagels.
- Allow the bagels to soak in the liquid for about 10 minutes.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your protein icing.
- In a small bowl, add the protein powder.
- Slowly pour in the almond/cashew milk.
- Stir until you reach your desired consistency; adding more protein powder if the mixture is too thin.
- Set aside.
- After 30 minutes, remove the foil and continue to bake for about 10 minutes or until the bake is slightly browned on top.
- Allow the bake to sit for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Top with protein icing or drizzle with maple syrup.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #moorewaystowellness on Instagram! I would love to see how these recipes take shape in your kitchen!
Now onto the rest of WIAW and some of my favorite eats from last week!
I prepped about a dozen spinach chicken burgers for lunches last week. My hubby can pretty much eat two at a time so they go prettty quick! Lunch is not complete without some of my favorite Alexia sweet potato puffs!
Can you see a sprinkle theme happening this week! The whipped texture of the Optimum Nutrition Cake Bites are unlike any other protein bar/snack on the market! I am SO in love with the Birthday Cake flavor, that I ordered a full box!
I enjoyed dinner out with a good friend last week! I had the grilled balsamic salmon with zucchini, flat bread and a side salad. If you have never had grilled zucchini before, I highly recommend trying. Grilling takes vegetables flavors to a whole new level!
My bedtime snack of choice lately has been my cream of rice bowl. I switch up my toppings quite often. This one has half of a Fit Crunch brownie, Denovo White Cake protein icing, NuNaturals Cocoa Syrup, and Lily’s mini chocolate chips. I’ve found that carbs before bed truly make me have a more restful night’s sleep!
That’s it for this week’s round up! See you back here on Friday!