Happy Wednesday friends! It feels so good to finally be back in the full swing of blogging and cooking again. This week’s recipe for Peach Cobbler Protein Pancake Squares was inspired by 8 year old nephew Tyler. While I was home for my mom’s funeral, all he kept talking about was eating his nana’s peach cobbler. I know this is nothing like my mom’s recipe since it has more of a healthy spin to it; nonetheless I still think it’s pretty darn tasty!
Before we get to the recipe, let’s take a quick peek at some of my favorite eats from from the past two weeks!
If I could eat KNOW Better Chocolate Chip Waffles everyday for breakfast, I would. Fortunately, I stocked up while they were buy one get one free. In case you’re wondering, fresh cherries and Elli Quark Brownie Batter make an excellent choice for waffle toppings.Veggie omelets have also been making a regular appearance on my breakfast plate along with a side of chicken bacon.
Lunch was my healthified version of a “Chipotle Bowl.” Crisp romaine, shredded barbecue chicken, black beans and cheddar cheese made up this glorious bowl of goodness! I’m anxious to prepare this recipe again this time using a homemade barbecue sauce sans onion and garlic.
The Mixed Berry RX bar combines the tart taste of cranberries with the sweetness from both the raspberries and strawberries. I’m a fan of the RX Bar but I’m slightly on the fence about this new flavor. Berry flavored bars can be hit or miss for me. This was a bit too fruity for my liking. As far as ingredients go, no sighting of soy or vanilla, so it’s a keeper in that regard.
Ingredients: Dates, Egg Whites, Almonds, Cashews, Cranberries, Strawberries, Raspberries, Natural Strawberry Flavor, Natural Raspberry Flavor.
Chilean Seabass is one of my favorite weeknight staple dinners! I topped my fish with coconut butter, cracked black pepper and Himalayan pink sea salt. I’m still enjoying my jasmine/cauliflower rice blend for lots of added volume in my meals.
Healthy and simple, these Peach Cobbler Protein Pancake Squares will easily become a favorite!
With peaches literally overflowing at farmer’s markets this time of year, I thought it would be fun to share a peach cobbler recipe. As I got to thinking about the ingredients in a cobbler, I realized it’s basically just a lightly sweetened quick bread with peaches (much like a gigantic peach pancake). And that’s how I arrived at this delicious cobbler/pancake hybrid. While you can certainly eat these for breakfast, I’ve actually categorized this recipe as a dessert.
For the base of the recipe, I tested out and used a new pancake mix from Phoros Nutrition. I was pretty impressed at how well this mix baked and tasted! The recipe only takes a few minutes to throw together and tastes great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! Enjoy!
- 3 large peaches, sliced
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew or almond milk
- 4 TBS butter, melted
- 1 cup Phoros Pancake Mix(or your favorite protein pancake mix)
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 packet Peach Cobbler Flex Flavors- Devotion Nutrition (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut peaches into thin slices and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine melted butter, cashew milk, and coconut sugar.
- Add in the Phoros pancake mix, baking powder, cinnamon and peach cobbler flex flavor packet.
- Stir until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Fold in sliced peaches.
- Coat a 9x9 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Pour batter into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle additional cinnamon on top.
- Bake until the cobbler is lightly browned and completely set in the middle.
- Remove and let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy with your favorite ice cream or whipped topping.
That’s it for this week’s roundup! See you back here on Friday!