Happy Wednesday friends! Some mornings, I quite literally need to fly out the door which barely leaves time for breakfast. This week I’m sharing another quick and easy breakfast recipe for you – Pumpkin Pancake Sliders!
I love breakfast. I love it in the morning, the evening, late at night. Hands down, breakfast is probably my favorite meal of the day!
Breakfast is served! Pumpkin Pancake Sliders!
How fun are these darling little slider sized pancake sandwiches? Turkey sausage patties seared to perfection and sandwiched between two golden brown, fluffy mini pumpkin pancakes. I used egg beaters to cut down on some of the prep time in the recipe. If you want the healthy fat of the egg, scramble up some eggs. Perfect for those mornings where you need a grab and go breakfast option! Enjoy!
- 1 cup The Invisible Chef Pumpkin Pancake & Waffle mix (substitute with your favorite pumpkin pancake mix or use 1 cup Kodiak Cakes with ⅓ cup pumpkin puree)
- 12 oz lean turkey sausage, divided into 2 oz patties
- 1 cup liquid egg substitute
- maple syrup for drizzling, optional
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Add the sausage patties and cook until brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and transfer the sausage patties to a paper towel lined plate to get rid of any excess grease.
- Cover with foil and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 12 count muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Fill each cup with 3 tbsp. of egg substitute
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Preheat a pancake griddle over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, prepare your pancake batter according to directions.
- Coat the griddle lightly with a non-stick spray.
- Drop the pancake batter using a ¼ cup onto the preheated griddle, spacing them evenly apart.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until large bubbles form.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a plate.
- Form your sandwiches, by sandwiching a sausage patty and one egg between two pancakes.
- Serve immediately or wrap up individually for the week.
- Note: The pancake sandwiches may be frozen and eaten at a later time. Follow the instructions as is and then wrap the pancake sandwiches very tightly in foil. Place the foiled packets into a large airtight zipped bag or freezer-safe container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
I recently came across the Best Bar Ever at my local nutrition store. I love trying new protein bars so I went with their Chocolate Coconut flavor. This was INCREDIBLE. Just look at the flakes of coconut and what about those almond chunks! The Best Bar Ever is made with real food and is gluten and soy free. Because they are made fresh weekly and don’t contain preservatives, they must be refrigerated.
One of my favorite hot sandwiches is a chicken parmigiana panini. Simple grilled chicken, tomato sauce and mozzarella all on a toasted Brooklyn Bred bun. I’m in healthy food heaven!
Not the most aesthetic picture since the lighting was very dim in the restaurant. I had the Cedar Planked Salmon with red potatoes and veggies for dinner at Harvest Grill. The portion of vegetables and potatoes was definitely lacking. Next time I know to order double veggies or a side salad!
My light dinner left me craving my evening dessert earlier than normal. This was my version of a Black Forest Cherry Sundae! My sundae was comprised of Arctic Zero Brownie Blast topped with sugar free canned cherries, NuNaturals cocoa syrup and Lily’s Stevia Chocolate Chips!
That’s it for this week’s round up! See you back here on Friday!