Happy Wednesday friends! Even though the hustle and bustle of the holidays is over, life is still crazy busy! This 20 minute healthier Skillet Orange Chicken is the perfect weeknight dish. It will have you in and out of the kitchen in less than 20 minutes. It’s easy to prepare and has loads of delicious flavor. You won’t miss take-out!
But first, let’s take a look at some of my favorite eats from last week!
Cherry Pie topped French Toast was such a treat while I was off on holiday break from work. I love the luxury of being able to spend more time on my breakfast in the morning.
The Honey-Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli from Trader Joe’s are seriously so delish! They can be best described as soft, warm, pumpkin-filled pillows! These ravioli are flavorful enough that they need very little sauce. Not sure if you can still snag these or not from TJ’s! I fortunately snagged two packages and threw one in the freezer for later!
These new to me Dark Chocolate Sun Cups are from Free2B! For those with any food allergies, these are nut free, gluten free, dairy free and soy free! They have a nice smooth, creamy texture and they melt in your mouth. The sunflower seed flavor is there but not overwhelming. Not as sweet as traditional peanut butter cups but still a very satisfying snack!
This Skillet Orange Chicken dish is an easy, healthy takeout/fake-out meal you can make in minutes at home!
It’s full of fresh orange flavor and perfect when served with brown or white rice and a side of vegetables. I had mine with broccoli but feel free to enjoy it with your favorite veggie! Head into the kitchen and get cooking! Enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¾ cup low sugar orange juice
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 TBS minced garlic
- 1 TBS coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 TBS hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds(optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, add coconut oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add in the chicken and cook until lightly browned and fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place the pan back onto the heat.
- In a small bowl add orange juice, garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, orange zest and hoisin sauce.
- Stir until combined.
- Add the orange juice mixture to the pan.
- Bring to a slight boil.
- In a small bowl, mix together arrowroot flour and cold water until the arrowroot is fully dissolved.
- Add arrowroot to the orange mixture and mix together until slightly thickened.
- Once you have reached your desired thickness, remove from the heat and add the chicken back to the pan and toss with the sauce.
- Serve with rice and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds(optional)
Sharing yet another one of my favorite pints from Enlightened! Any kind of mint chip ice cream has been my favorite since I was young! The Mint Chocolate Chip was so creamy and full of rich chocolate chips! If mint chocolate chip is your jam, you won’t be disappointed!
That’s it for this week’s round up! See you back here on Friday!