Happy Wednesday friends! Sometimes life just calls for a waffle and these Vegan Cinnamon Creme Banana Waffles are so delicious and healthy! They have a crispy texture and sweet flavor of banana, with no extra added sugar!
YEP- it’s Vegan Cinnamon Creme Banana Waffles are on the breakfast menu today!
These waffles are crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, perfectly sweet, and undetectably vegan and gluten-free. I used YEP it’s Vegan Cinnamon Creme flavored protein powder in this recipe. These waffles are delicious plain, but they’re irresistible with peanut butter, banana, and maple syrup. Are you hungry yet? Enjoy!
- 1 serving gluten free pancake mix
- 1 scoop Yep it's Vegan Cinnamon Creme or any vegan cinnamon protein powder
- ½ TBS ground cinnamon
- ¼ banana, mashed
- ½ cup liquid egg whites
- ½ cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- sliced bananas
- peanut or almond butter
- maple syrup
- Begin by pre-heating your waffle iron.
- Add the dry ingredients to a medium sized bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the wet ingredients(mashed banana, egg whites and milk).
- Gently stir the wet into the dry.
- Slowly add more liquid if your batter appears to be too thick.
- Add half of the batter to your waffle maker.
- Close and allow the waffle to cook.
- I cook mine on the highest setting and also let it sit for an extra minute so the waffle is extra crispy
- This should make 2 nice sized waffles.
- Top with bananas, nut butter and your favorite syrup.
So now, onto the rest of my favorite meals and snacks from last week!
I tried one of the Mikey’s pizza crusts for the first time. For the price, I was sure hoping to LOVE these. The plain pizza crusts are paleo, gluten, soy, dairy, and grain-free. Let’s just say, I loved my toppings but the pizza crust not so much. It never became cripy and the flavor was flat and tasteless. Sorry Mikey’s not a fan.
To be honest, the first time I tried it the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut edible cookie dough, I was not a fan. The second time was a charm! This batch was loaded with chunks of macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips! When portioned out, it makes the perfect afternoon snack! If you’re not familiar with The Lion’s Pack, their edible cookie dough does not contain any eggs, dairy or gluten, and is specifically made to eat unbaked! They have so many fun flavors to choose from. I have my eye on both the Butterscotch Maple Cookie and Cran Orange Cookie to buy next!
I’m not vegan but I love this new restaurant! I learned about this gem from a blogger on Instagram. The menu at Root is fantastic and has something for everyone. The sushi burrito tortilla is filled with rice, bok choy, sweet potato, pickled ginger and avocado. This also came with a side of the crispiest french fries I’ve ever tasted. The picture certainly does not do the meal justice; it was delicious! So delicious, that we returned with some friends a week later!
Talk about ending your night on a sweet note! Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Enlightened is by far one of my favorite flavors! I added a frozen Quest PB Cravings Peanut Butter Cup since I only had a tiny scoop of the ice cream left. If you’re a fan of peanut butter cups, I’m sure you’ll agree with me that they are really awesome when they’re fresh out of the freezer.
That’s it for this week’s roundup! See you back here on Friday!