Happy Wednesday friends! Looking for a new way to use up your overripe bananas? Look no further! These four ingredient Vegan Dark Chocolate Banana Bites are super easy to make and oh so fudgey!
But first, let’s take a quick peek at some of my favorite eats from last week!
When it comes to breakfast, I much prefer waffles or french toast these days. Don’t get me wrong, I still love my pancakes, however, I’ve been enjoying the simplicity of either popping a chocolate chip waffle in the toaster or frying up my french toast in coconut oil. I’m usually pretty famished by the time I get back from the gym. To round off my breakfast, I always have some sort of veggie omelet and chicken bacon.
The Cinnamon Raisin cottage cheese from Carb Master is SO good! Another awesome find from Kroger! My only recommendations would be to add a few more raisins and cinnamon. I ended up sprinkling some additional cinnamon on mine to add more of a cinnamony flavor. It’s not my Muuna but it sure makes a pretty good substitute!
Lately, I’ve been making either chicken or turkey burgers for quick lunch prep for the week. Sadly, I used up the last of my Smart Baking Company low carb buns last week. The sesame seed ones are definitely my favorite since they kind of remind of those buns you get at a fast food chain but way healthier for you!
Don’t toss those overripe bananas! Put them to good use with these Vegan Dark Chocolate Banana Bites!
Why stop at one or two bites when you can eat the whole batch! This recipe uses Yep It’s Vegan Gooey Brownie Batter protein powder. I’ve shared a few other recipes using this flavor already here and here. Feel free to use your own favorite brand of vegan protein, I just can’t guarantee how they will turn out. My girl @megom07 has a discount code(megmo) you can swipe to save yourself an extra 10%! For the icing, I used NuNaturals Cocoa Syrup which has the perfect consistency for icing! I hope you give these a try- enjoy!
- 2 very ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1.5 scoops Yep It's Vegan Ooey Gooey Brownie Batter
- 3 TBS Hershey's Unsweetened Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter or cashew butter
- NuNaturals Cocoa Syrup(See substitution below)
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend until all ingredients are well combined.
- Batter will be thick.
- Drop the batter by the tablespoon onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.
- Allow the bites to fully cool on a baking rack.
- Drizzle NuNaturals cocoa syrup on each bite and decorate with some fun sprinkles.
- Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.
- Icing substitution: 2 TBS dark cocoa powder, 3 TBS plain greek yogurt and 3-4 packets of sweetener.
I tried the KNOW Better Foods pasta for the first time! Winner, winner chicken dinner! Well actually, I am having chicken parmigiana with my pasta. If you decide to try the pasta, only boil it for 2 1/2 minutes as opposed to the package directions of 3-4 or you will have mushy pasta on your hands. I also used the KNOW Better crumbs to coat my chicken. The chicken was so tender and flavorful. The hubby enjoyed this dish just as much as I did!
When one cannot have Enlightened brand Birthday Cake ice cream because of the added soy lecithin, Simple Truth Low Cow Birthday Cake is an awesome substitute. I picked up 3 pints of this flavor at Kroger’s about a week ago. They were also on sale for $3.49 a pint plus an extra dollar off with digital coupons. I haven’t tried any of the other flavors yet but plan to pick up the Mint Chocolate Chip next.
That’s it for this week’s roundup! See you back here on Friday!